- About us
- BUY Buy
- COUNTRY BRAND Country Brand
InformationCenterReports Country reports Department reports Foreign trade reports Product-Destination worksheet Sectors reports Work documentsStatistical information Classification Uruguay XXI Exports Imports Innovative National Effort Macroeconomic Monitor Tools Buyers Exporters InvestorsGuides and programs Guides Programs Promotional material Brochures Business cases Catalogues Country presentation Events presentations Videos
- Information center
- Reports »
- Statistical information »
- Tools »
- Guides and programs »
- Promotional material »
- Press center »
World demand for agricultural products will remain firm in the coming decades, mainly supported by the increased consumption of proteins, fats and sugars ...
- World demand for agricultural products will remain firm in the coming decades, mainly supported by the increased consumption of proteins, fats and sugars in developing countries.
- Uruguay is part ofthe main food exporting region in the world (together with Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay).
- Uruguay has great potential to increase the production of agro-industrial goods. With a population of 3.49 million people, the country produces food for 28 million.
- The agribusiness sector represented 82% of total Uruguayan exports in 2019.
- Uruguay has 16.4 million hectares suitable for agricultural use, about 93% of the country's total land area.
- Land value has substantially increased in Uruguay, multiplying by 4 in the last 15 years.
- Our country has comparative advantages in the production of food at an international level. The country has a recognized international prestige in the productive process and the quality of several agricultural products. In particular, cattle farming have a traceability system that allows to know all the information of the product from the birth of the animal until it reaches the end consumer. The system of traceability or georeferencing is also applied in other sectors such as poultry meat, honey, citrus or vineyards.