Competitive advantages of rice production in Uruguay:
- World supplier: Uruguay is the main exporter of rice in Latin America and has ranked sixth among the world's exporters. More than 90% of our country's rice production is destined for export.
- Favorable Ecosystem: the temperate humid subtropical Uruguayan climate and rainfall throughout the year favor the growing of rice.
- Productive system: the national production is based on the rotation of lands and irrigation by flood.
- Safety: Rigorous quality control systems are applied in the grain, soil and water conditions so that the final product meets the most strict phytosanitary requirements and does not harm the environment.
Varieties of rice grown in Uruguay:
- “El Paso 144”
Main exported varieties
- Bleached or semibleached rice
- Husked rice
- Broken rice
- Paddy rice
Main exports destinations:
- Costa Rica
- United Kingdom
The countries are listed in alphabetical order.
Looking to contact with producers of rice in Uruguay?
In Uruguay XXI we coordinate meetings with local counterparts, free of charge and personalized, according to the needs and interests of your company.
We also generate agendas with business meetings and link the exporters of these products with those interested in buying them.